Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Multi-grain cookies

A new day has come  

Am super excited! Mug finally bought me an OTG. I couldn’t wait to bake my first set of cookies. I began browsing through the several cookie / cake recipes I have collected over the months. A recipe called “Whole meal cookies” caught my eye as the recipe did not require butter or sugar or maida!!! Strange, for a cookie, but super healthy I thought! So post lunch today, I tried baking these cookies. I substituted whole-meal flour with multi–grain flour. Frankly, the first batch turned out to be a complete disaster. Without the sugar, the cookies had a light bitter taste lingering in my upper palate. So, in my second batch of cookies, I added caster sugar to the dough and the taste seemed ok. I bet it would have been a lot nicer if the sugar had been beaten with the egg and blended in with the dough. So here goes the modified recipe. Try it and do let me know how it goes!!

Multigrain cookies


Multi–grain flour – 250 gms (I used Pilsbury)
Egg - 1
Extra virgin olive oil – 7 tbsp
Honey – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp

Makes 20 cookies

Bring the egg to room temperature, if kept in the fridge. In a bowl, beat the egg, honey and olive oil till creamy. Add sugar and vanilla essence and beat again till smooth.
Sieve the flour and baking powder once
Add the flour to the egg mixture and slowly mix till it becomes a dough. Knead the dough till smooth and consistent.
Roll out the dough to approx ½ inch thickness and cut out shapes using a cutter.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 1600 for 15 mins.
Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire / grill tray for about 5 mins

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! Healthy cookies here, am sure they tasted great!

    I got the fondant from my sis-in-law in the US. Don't think u get it here in Bangalore.

    Check out this link
    http://swapnascuisine.blogspot.com/2010/01/sugarpaste-icing-fondant-icing.html

    for making fondant at home.. hope this helps!! Happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suma!! Thnx for replying and for the recipe :) I had searched quite a few places in Blr for fondant a few months back. Will check out this recipe and try it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails