Friday, April 16, 2010

Masala biscuits


I know I disappeared from the blogspace for a while now, but its because I've been spending time experimenting and learning and of course, having fun in the process.. I will compensate my disappearance by flooding you with recipes over the next few days :) For starters, here's the recipe for Masala biscuits... These biscuits are super easy to make.. It will take approx 15 mins preparation time and around 12 mins baking time.. When I first made & tasted these biscuits, I was reminded of the khara biscuits we used to buy in the neighbourhood bakery during my childhood days.. Try it...You will love them...


Masala biscuits (Recipe by Lisa & Jaya at Artisans)
Ingredients
A lil more than 1/2 cup / 50 gms all purpose flour (maida)
2 tbsp butter / margarine
1/4 tsp sugar
2 pinches salt
8 - 10 gms finely cut green chilly, coriander & ginger
1 tsp curd
1/4 tsp baking powder

Yield : 16-18 biscuits

Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside
In another bowl, cream/soften the butter lightly. Add sugar, mix, add curd and mix gently
Add the sieved flour and mix into the butter batter till it is like bread crumbs. 
Now add the masala (chillies, coriander & ginger).
Bring it to a soft dough like consistency.
Roll dough onto floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C for about 12 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails